I am currently taking a break from providing doula services for maternity leave. Please contact me for a referral to another awesome doula in our area!
I am pleased to offer birth Doula services.
I am being certified through DONA International, a respected and trusted source of Doula training and oversight. This replaces my Labor Support service with something fuller and more complete to assist your journey from pregnancy to parenthood with greater resources, improved care, and vastly expanded knowledge for you to draw upon. My goal is to assist you in every way possible to have the birth YOU want in a supported, exciting, fear-free environment.
- I will give continuous, uninterrupted support for you while you are in labor.
- I will provide physical comfort measures, emotional support, and an objective viewpoint during your labor.
- I will seek out and provide information to give you the power to make informed decisions.
- I will honor all your choices in birth.
- I will respect your birthing space and protect your desire for privacy.
- I will protect the memory of your birth experience.
- I will remember that birth is a key experience you will remember your entire life.
- I will continue to understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a laboring woman.
- I will assist you in preparing for and carrying out your plans for birth.
- I will facilitate communication between you, your partner, and your clinical care providers.
- I will assist your birth partner in participating at his/her comfort level.
- I will come prepared and focus my undistracted energy on your care.
- I will nurture and protect you.
- I will support measures for your immediate bonding with your baby.
- I will encourage and support breastfeeding within the first hour after birth.
- I will work hard to assist the birth experience of your dreams.
View my birth doula availability calendar.